...founded to promote the mental, moral and
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
1. Required time in previous grade: Graduate from bootcamp.
2. Citizenship Memorize Pledge of Allegiance to flag. Memorize Young Marine Obligation. Know U.S. President and Vice President.
3. Leadership Show willingness to accept responsibility. Military courtesy. Understand billets.
4. Physical Fitness Pass PFI with score of 200.
5. School Be attentive polite and obedient.
6. Home and Outside Activities Respect parents and elders at all times. Use ‘sir’ or ‘madam.’
7. Personal Habits: Have clean body and teeth. Hair and fingernails clean and neatly trimmed.
8. Close order drill: Be able to execute all facing movements and column movements.
9. Other subjects: Pass standardized PFC exam for age
Rules and regulations taken from The Young Marines Guidebook